Friday, September 4, 2015

Things I Miss About Milwaukee: Cafe Lulu

If there is one thing I am craving on a daily basis since moving home, it is the deliciousness that is Cafe Lulu. Those delicious homemade chips with that phenomenal bleu cheese dip…excuse me while I cry pure tears of sadness that it isn’t in front of me right now.
Cafe Lulu became my favorite restaurant in Milwaukee by random selection. One day I was aimlessly wandering around in Bayview and decided to do a bit of writing while hanging out in the Colectivo on KK and Lincoln Ave (also my favorite Colectivo—they have duck racing on the side of the building and swinging benches which make for a fun afternoon). As I was writing, I noticed the usually gnawing around lunch time that was my tummy complaining that it was time to be fed. I saw the colorful “Lulu” sign pointing me to food heaven and decided to finish up my notes and trounce over to grab a bite.



I was immediately in love. From that point on I proceeded to make sure each one of my close friends ate there with me at least once. The Smokehouse Chicken sandwich is pure perfection. Juicy, tender chicken breast, blackened, and served on a savory toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, red onion, cheddar and bacon. It is to die for! During my last year in Milwaukee I am almost certain I ate that sandwich at least six times, with absolutely no shame. Most people enjoy trying a new plate every time they go to a restaurant, but once I sink my teeth into something that blows my mind, I am hypnotized. The Smokehouse Chicken captured my heart, as did Lulu’s cozy inside and (usually) friendly staff, quickly ascending to the top of my restaurant list for Milwaukee.
For those who have not had the opportunity to delight in Lulu’s funky menu and delicious homemade bleu cheese dip, don’t walk, RUN to the nearest Green Line and devour whatever you can find on the menu that you enjoy. If you can’t decide, I hear the Smokehouse Chicken is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment